Canada Post Graduate Work Permit 

International students who want to work after graduation from an educational institution in Canada can apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). The benefit is not only in gaining Canadian experience but it is also a pathway to immigrate to Canada. 

However, not all study programs and education institutions are suitable for that. International students can verify if a study program and Canadian education institution will give a right to apply for a post-graduate work permit after they successfully complete a study program.  Check here to learn whether a Canadian education institution offers PGWP-eligible study programs.

Post Graduate Work Permit Requirements

To get a post-graduate work permit in Canada, an international student must meet the following PGWP requirements:

  • be 18 years or older
  • have graduated from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
  • have a certificate or diploma and transcript that confirm completion of all program requirements
  • always studied full-time in Canada in an educational program that is at least 8 months long
  • apply for a work permit within 180 days

Duration of Post Graduation Work Permit

A post-graduation work permit’s duration may be between 8 months and up to 3 years.  The length of PGWP depends on the duration of a study program completed in Canada. The permit won’t be longer than the duration of a study program.  

Work experience gained while on a post-graduate work permit can be used to immigrate to Canada through Express Entry under one or more of Canadian immigration programs. 

If you would like to know more , you may call +1 587-930-7017 or email or message us using the contact form.

Get Professional Help