Permanent residence applicants may keep working while waiting for the results of their application made in Canada. They have to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit.
Who Can Apply?
International nationals who submitted an application for a permanent residence in Canada can apply for a bridging work permit. This type of open work permit lets an applicant keep working while waiting for the results of a permanent residence application.
Foreign nationals may be eligible for a bridging open work permit if the following conditions are met:
Applied for permanent residence in Canada under one of these Canada immigration programs:
– Federal Skilled Worker Program
– Canadian Experience Class
– Federal Skilled Trades Program
– Provincial Nominee Program
– Caring for Children Class
– Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class
The current work permit expires in 4 months or less.