Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Inland Spousal Sponsorship is the right type of application if a sponsored person – spouse or common-law partner – is residing in Canada with a sponsor. It is known as an application under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class

While the eligibility requirements for a sponsor are the same, the advantage of an inland application (as compared to the outland sponsorship) is the right to apply for an open work permit. 

For example, if a sponsor’s spouse or common-law partner is temporarily staying in Canada as a visitor, foreign student, or temporary worker, he or she can apply for an open work permit at the time of a sponsorship application. In most cases, within 4 – 5 months, they can get authorization allowing them to work in Canada for any employer while permanent residence application is being processed. Even if a sponsored person is out of status, they can still apply.

Inland Sponsorship has two stages:

  • Assessment of a sponsor’s eligibility to sponsor a spouse or partner.
  • Application for a permanent residence by a sponsored person.

Sponsor’s eligibility (1st stage) is usually assessed within the first 4-5 months and an application for permanent residence will take another 7-8 months. Overall, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) pursues to process inland sponsorship application within 12 months. 

Inland Spousal and Common-Law Partner Sponsorship Checklists

Sponsorship application forms and documents vary depending on whether you make an inland or outland spousal sponsorship application.

DOWNLOAD below the checklist if you want to sponsor a spouse under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class:

Inland Spousal Sponsorship Checklist

DOWNLOAD below the checklist if you want to sponsor a common-law partner under Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class:

Inland Common-law Partner Sponsorship Checklist

Submit Inland Sponsorship Package to CPC Mississauga

Use application package (Canadian spousal sponsorship forms as per checklist) for Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class, that must be sent to:

By Mail:  

Case Processing Center (CPC) Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

By  Courier:

Case Processing Center (CPC) Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8


If you would like to know more , you may call +1 587-930-7017 or email or message us using the contact form.

Get Professional Help